DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 19th of March 2017
The European Commission launched on the 2nd of February 2017 a three-month public consultation on the Common Agricultural Policy. The consultation is the first phase of a reform process aiming at simplifying and modernizing the CAP after 2020. The input from the consultation will be used by the Commission to help draft a Communication, due by the end of 2017.
AIEAA considers the topic of the consultation at the core of its scientific interests and public commitments and decided to join the consultation.
We therefore invite our members and anybody who wants to contribute to the discussion on the CAP to:
- compile the public consultation on-line questionnaire and send us your answers (please note that the compiled questionnaire can be downloaded as a PDF document);
- sketch us your opinions on the following three aspects:
a) relevant issues or topics missing in the public consultation questionnaire that should be addressed in the reform process, if any;
b) your qualitative assessment of the possible outcomes of the five policy scenarios that will be considered by the Commission in carrying out the impact assessment;
c) results and evidence from the best research activities in the field of agricultural and applied economics that should inform and orient the reform process (if possible indicate us the references you consider as fundamental).
All the opinions and the questionnaires collected will be taken into consideration and will represent the basis for drawing up a AIEAA position paper to be sent to the Commission.
Compiled questionnaires (in PDF format) and opinions (in doc/docx format) should be delivered within 19th of March 2017 by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "AIEAA Position Paper on the CAP". Contributors who are not AIEAA members are asked to present themselves by specifing their position and providing a brief presentation of their professional experience.
LINK to the EU consultation website
LINK to the online survey
Download the Question & Answer on the Consultation and Impact Assessment
Download the Inception Impact Assessment of the Commission
LIST OF USEFUL DOCUMENTS
EU Committee of the Regions
- Evolution of the budget dedicated to rural development policy
- Innovation and modernisation of the rural economy
- Supporting young European farmers
- The simplification of the Common Agricultural Policy
- Towards a sustainable EU food policy
- Draft Council conclusions on Simplification of the CAP
- Outcome of the meeting of the Ministers of Agriculture of the Visegrad Group extended by Bulgaria, Romania and Slovenia (GV4 + 3) on 26 October 2016 in Warsaw - Information from the Polish delegation
- Progetto di conclusioni del Consiglio sulla semplificazione della PAC
- Rafforzare gli agricoltori, migliorare la filiera agroalimentare: conclusioni del Consiglio
- Discussion paper of the Netherlands Presidency
- French contribution to the 29/31 May 2016 Informal Council on the post-2020 CAP: A reformed CAP for competitive, sustainable and resilient agriculture
- Fresco L. O. and Poppe K. J. (2016), Towards a Common Agricultural and Food Policy, Wageningen, September
- Ministre de l’Agriculture, de l’Agroalimentaire et de la Forêt (2016), Communique de presse - Les ministres européens s'engagent à Chambord pour une politique agricole commune ambitieuse et forte
- Slovak Presidency discussion paper – informal ministerial lunch
- Visegrad.info, Present and future of Common Agricultural Policy in Visegrad
Studies for the EU Commission
- European Union (2016), Research for Agri Commitee - CAP reform post-2020 - Challenges in agriculture, Workshop documentation
- European Union (2016), Research for Agri Commitee - the interactions between the EU's external action and the Common Agricultural Policy
- Policy Department for Structural and Cohesion Policies, Research for the European Parliament Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development in 2016
- Agricultural Markets Task Force (2016), Enhancing the position of farmers in the supply chain, Brussels, November
- Berthelot J. (on behalf of Concord) (2016), Some comments on the themes of the meeting "Civil dialogue group on the CAP European Commission", DG Agriculture, 16 December 2016
- Cork 2.0 Declaration 2016, A Better Life in Rural Areas
- European Economic and Social Committee (2016), The main underlying factors that influence the Common Agricultural Policy post-2020 (own-initiative opinion). Rapporteur: Simo Tiainen. NAT/682 – EESC-2016-00801-00-00-AC-TRA (EN) 1/11
- European Political Strategy Centre (2016), A European Vision for Sustainability, EPSC Strategic Notes -Sustainability Now!, Issue 18 ,20 July 2016
- Poppe K. J. (2016) , Hacking the CAP – Options to redesign the European Agricultural Policy, International Journal on Food System Dynamics, Proceedings in System Dynamics and Innovation in Food Networks.